Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summer Fun With Chuckles & Fumi!

I'm SO excited to share my first projects as the August Guest Designer for Yumi & Fumi Handmade! I really love these stamps, and I've shared a few projects using some of them on my blog before. I was over-the-moon excited when I was asked to be the guest this month!


I've been on vacation at the beach for the past week, so when I got home this weekend I was totally in the mood to color up these newest releases from the Hang Loose series. I really wanted to make a card for each of my kidlets, to thank them for such an awesome family trip :)

I started with Summer Chuckles, for my three year old son.  Chuckles is kind of perfect, because he's so stinkin' cute - I love his smile! Plus, he's a boy..... and since I have a boy, I'm always on the lookout for good images to use for him.  That makes Summer Chuckles a must-have stamp in this house! I colored him with these Spectrum Noir pens:

Skin: FS9, FS8, FS3, FS2 
Shirt: OR2, OR3, CR10 
Shorts: IB1, IB2, IB3, BT6 
Shoes: EB2 
Eyes: IB1, IB2


Next I colored up the adorable Summer Fumi for my soon-to-be eight year old daughter, using these Spectrum Noir pens:

Skin: FS9, FS3, FS2, CR3 (cheeks) 
Hair: GB10, GB8, CT2 
Shirt: PP5, PP6, DR6, CR7 
Shorts: LY1, LY2, LY3, CT4

I embossed the card base and added some sparkle to the small flowers, because my girlie loves flowers and sparkle!.

I'll be back next Tuesday with more awesomeness using Yumi & Fumi Handmade stamps, and I'll be sure to take some step-by-step coloring photos as well!! Until then, be sure to check out the Yumi & Fumi Handmade Facebook page and current challenge

9 comments:

Blankina said...

What a great cards!!
Glad you are the GDt this month,
Hugs Blankina

Denice said...

Sounds like a nice vacay, and how sweet to give the kiddos a card to remind them of a fun trip!
Happy to have you as GDT.

She's a Color Queen said...

These are awesome! I have to buy those two stamps they are so darn cute.

Leanne said...

oh!!! sooo darn cute! Love how vibrant the colors are, everything pops! Love the textures and your coloring is beautiful!! Each card is adorable and I bet your kids will love them.
:D
xx

Rosy Newlun said...

So glad to have bumbled along onto your blogsite! Love dah shakka!!

With alohas from Kona side Big Island
Rosy

Lisa T said...

Wonderful projects!

Unknown said...

Welcome to Y&F as a guest designer! Your cards are so beautifully colored and refreshing. So thoughtful for your kiddies! I bet they love you for that =)

kanatanewf said...

I'm sure the kidlets adored these beautiful cards from their thoughtful Mom! I really like the added touch of the embossing on the card featuring Fumi. Great way to jazz up the background. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your creations during the month of August!

Lynn said...

These two card are really well done. They made me excited to get out my Fumi and Yumi stamps again. I love the fun color schemes and your perfect amount of embellishments. I hope that you'll continue to share your work with blogland...so inspiring.