Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Fun Yumi Gift Card Holder Tutorial!

Hello to all you Yumi & Fumi fans!!  These stamps have been a lot of fun to work with, and today I have some more Y&F fun for you!

I have put together a picture tutorial for a sweet little gift card holder, and I have used the Yumi from the Yumi and Fumi stamp. (the stamp with both girls on it.)  You can use whatever Y&F stamp you wish!

Finished Project.

Materials needed:

One piece of 4" x 7 1/2" double sided patterned paper  (this paper is Basic Grey's Konichiwa)
One piece of 4 1/2" x 5" patterned paper (double sided optional)
7 1/2" inch piece of ribbon
two brads
score board
sewing machine

First you will need to score the 4" x 7 1/2" paper at 1" and 3"


Fold according to which pattern you want showing the most.


After you have folded and creased, you can use your fav tape runner to hold all of the flaps down in place. (I ran mine down along the outside edges.)




Next, we will attach this pocket to a bigger base.  You will need your 4 1/2" x 5" patterned paper.


I just did a little line down each side to hold it in place until it is stitched into place.

Now I am going to draw myself a few light lines with a pencil so that I can be sure I will have straight stitch lines.



I chose to only stitch the length of my pocket, not going from edge to edge of the green base.

Now that I am finished stitching, I will clip my threads and erase any pencil marks that may be visible.

Next I am going to attach my ribbon to the top.  I am going to make a small hole with a yarn needle going through my base piece, and one end of the ribbon placed behind my base paper.

 After I made my hole, I inserted the brad and bent the arms into place.
Repeat for the other side. (I lined my hole up with the stitch line.)



Now it's time for fun/cutsie stuff!! (images, embellies, whatever sounds good to you!)

Ta-da!!

Copics I used on Yumi.

I hope you like my project!  I made one for my niece's birthday and she loves it!  After she used the gift card, she can use it for other little notes/keepsakes.

TFL!!




9 comments:

eva said...

super cute, rachel!!

hapagirlren said...

dang i wish i knew how to sew!!!!!! this is really cute :)

Leanne said...

Awesome project Rachel!!! If only I wasn't too lazy to pull out my sewing machine, I'm more of a fake stitcher. lol.. Super cute!!
;)

Rachel Parys said...

Almost had a heart-attack today, thought I BROKE my sewing machine!! It was a close one, but we both recovered! Hope everyone enjoys the post!

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Great Job:)!!!
Tabitha's Designs

Denice said...

Clever, I always learn something new with each and every tutorial!
TFS!
:Dxx

Cami said...

Great tutorial and I will try this for my next GC holder. Love the ribbon handle on the top!

Sonia said...

Hi Rachel
Pretty project, love the paper!
Thanks for your inspiration.
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Waseem said...

great tutorial and i wish to use it for Gift Card envelopes next..thanks for sharing it.